Connect > Jobs
Jobs with the Society
We have several job openings at the Winchester Unitarian Society for the 2016 - 2017 Program Year. If you are interested in these or any other opportunities, please contact the Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (781)729-0949.
Sunday Morning Teacher Job Description
- Work under the direct supervision of the Director of Lifespan Religious Education (DLRE)
- Collaborate with the DLRE to develop or modify content or curriculum based on specific themes for each age/grade cohort.
- Plan and lead weekly group activities; coordinate with DLRE for off site visits as appropriate.
- Conference with families concerning their children, on special occasions when the need arises.
- Maintain attendance information and related reporting
- Support and direct teen aides in the classroom.
- Write a monthly email news paragraph or two that will be included in an e-newsletter (compiled by DLRE) to all families in the congregation
- Maintain a welcoming and engaging program space
- Maintain learning materials and books
- Adhere to the safety policies and procedures of Winchester Unitarian Society.
- Must be able to teach most Sundays during the 2016-2017 church year (mid-September through early June) from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (inclusive of set-up and clean-up)
- Must be able to conduct up to two hours of preparation time each week during the church year (generally offsite, but may require attendance at meetings on-site).
- Keep track of hours online timesheet; send/give DLRE hours Sunday
- Employment contingent upon successful criminal background check and satisfactory references.
F8th in Action Program Leader Job Description
Reports to: Director of Lifespan Religious Education
Directly Supervises: N/A
The F8th in Action Program Leader, in collaboration with the Director of Religious Education (DLRE), provides personal growth, social and faith development opportunities to the 8th grade class in a Service oriented program.
• Collaborate with DLRE and/or others in group discussion, activities and events
• With DLRE, collaboratively plan and communicate content, schedule and plans to families and 8th graders
• Assist group in worship planning and implementation for meetings, retreats and a credo service.
• Co-create a respectful group learning environment for 8th graders of varied temperaments and abilities
• Bachelor’s degree in education, counseling, or equivalent volunteer and work experience
- Mission Understanding: Understands the mission, vision, values and beliefs of Winchester Unitarian Society.
- Facilitation Skills: Able to balance structured group discussion and learning with free form interactions in service to faith development. Capable of creating a trusting and emotionally secure environment for a wide variety of temperaments and personalities.
- Communications: Able to effectively communicate consistently and well with parents and participants – via email, social media, telephone, and in person contacts to inform and coordinate.
- Content Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation: Able to create or adapt materials to the learning needs of each F8th group. Able to develop faith based program content, coordinate and implement service learning.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to lead others. Displays active listening skills and the ability to reflect with participants. Accepts and offers constructive critique.
- Other competencies: Understanding the limits and opportunities of middle school culture, being mindful of issues, challenges and concerns in the greater community, serving as a positive religious role model, and remaining open to emerging challenges, collaborations and service opportunities.
· Employment contingent upon successful criminal background check and satisfactory references.