GATHER ~ FEAST ~ BID
Where: Metcalf Hall (but you won’t recognize it once the Decorations Committee works their magic!
When: Saturday, November 5
7:00 pm: Mingling, Cash Bar, Silent Auction bidding, Raffle tickets sold
Who: All adult congregants and their invited friends
How do I buy tickets? Tickets are $40/per person. You can buy tickets when you RSVP to the invitation or at Coffee Hour each Sunday, or send your check, made out to WUS with “Auction" in the memo field, to the Office. Buy early as the last two auctions have sold out. If you are interested in reserving a table of eight for $400 contact Ellie Griffin 617-279-3134 or email@example.com.
What are all these different types of auctions?????
Raffle Tree: On display at Coffee Hour after services on Sunday, this tree is loaded with gift certificates from the practical to the luxurious, like a dinner at the Top of the Hub. Buy as many tickets as you want and ONE ticket-holder (drawn the night of the auction, but you don’t have to be present to win) will win THE ENTIRE TREE AND ALL THE GIFT CERTIFICATES!
Online Auction: The Online Auction is now closed. Starting Oct 14, for only ten days, you will be able to log onto our dedicated auction site, peruse the items or services, submit your bids and watch to see if the competition is fierce for items like pet sitting or a massage or even tickets to a Celtics game. You will automatically be notified if you have been outbid or you won!
Silent Auction: These items will be on view the night of the auction. Before dinner, you can scan the tables, write down your bid by the item and stay close, if need be, to make sure your bid is the top one! Look for anything from a handmade quilt, museum passes, knitting lessons to beautiful jewelry.
Live Auction: As usual, we have a great auctioneer and there should be lively entertainment to see who walks away with gourmet dinners, vacation homes, sports tickets, and much, much more.
What is it? It is an eBay-like auction with 100 items and services. Maximize your chances! Take advantage of these auction features for the bidding process:
When can I bid? Friday, October 14th at 6:00 AM (set your alarm clock!) through Sunday, October 23rd at 10:00 PM.
Where is it? Access the Auction here: www.32auctions.com/WUSAuction2016
How do I get started? Click on Login and input email and password, if you created an account for the last auction (you can reset your password if you don’t remember it!). Don’t have an account?: Click on “Create a new account” link on the Login screen, and add pertinent data like name, email address, phone number, password, and optionally, an alias bidder name if you want to keep your identity secret for the bidding wars! Once you are logged in, Browse and Bid!
Who donated all these items? The Auction Procurement committee worked ALL summer soliciting new and unusual offerings and bringing back favorites from previous auctions. Our congregation and the business community have been over-the-top creative and generous in giving time, services, and homes for this part of the auction.
Who can bid? YOU!
Why: This is the largest Winchester Unitarian Society fund raiser for the year. The money is used for staff salaries, social outreach, and building maintenance. There is a wide range of amazing items offering adventures, treats, nourishment, help, entertainment, professional services, getaways and cultural, educational, and fellowship opportunities. Don’t miss out!
Questions? Contact Jennifer Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READY, SET……. BID!!
Frequently Asked Auction Questions (FAAQ’s!)
1. Is this a fun or fund-raising auction? BOTH! This event, all parts of it, is intended to have appeal to all church members and their friends. It is also the single largest fund-raising event of the year with monies going to the budget to fund staff salaries, building maintenance, church programs and social outreach.
2. What if I can’t attend? You can still capture the fund-raising spirit by buying tickets for the raffle, bidding in the on-line auction, or simply donating with a note “For Auction.”
3. Is it too late to donate something for the auction? Yep! We have been smothered by generous donations. Thank you for thinking of us!
4. Can I come alone? Absolutely! Think of this as an evening coffee hour with a harvest dinner and fun to follow! It is a great way to meet new people and get to know each other.
5. Is this a family event? No. Because this is an event where alcohol will be served, it is restricted to adult church congregants and their friends. WUSYG has generously offered complimentary babysitting for families in their homes, on a very limited, first come, first serve basis. Please email WUSYouth@gmail.com to request a WUSYG babysitter.
6. Am I assigned to a table? Only if you are part of a group who has reserved a table. Most people will just gather at the harvest tables.
7. Could I bring someone who doesn’t go to WUS? Absolutely! We welcome new faces and eager bidders!
8. Can’t I just buy a ticket at the door? The last two auctions have sold out well before the date, so buy your tickets now!
|© 2016 Winchester Unitarian Society. All rights reserved.|